As you get older it is inevitable that you will slow down a bit. It might be for a variety of different reasons from health issues to having done all of the things you wanted to do. You may be spending more time at home and therefore have less need for income. Whatever the reasons you will still need to make sure your retirement plan is fit for purpose. We believe that regular monitoring of your plan will continue to provide the benefits to help you get the most from your retirement.
You may need help to think through:
- Reviewing your income and ensuring it still won’t run out
- Drawing your income tax efficiently from your remaining pension pot
- Finalising any estate planning to ensure it is tax efficient
- Making allowance for potential care costs
- Planning for later life by thinking about who you might delegate financial decision making to on your behalf
We believe it is important to ensure you have made arrangements early enough to take account of any need to have others involved to help you make the right decisions regarding your money and health as you get older. Whether you use your own solicitor or one we can recommend you will have the peace of mind that your affairs are in order. We will continue where appropriate to ensure you are making the best use of your money.