You are likely to be over 50 and have between 10-15 years still to go until your selected retirement date (SRD) or the age when you can draw down your state pension. YOu might think you have plenty time to get really organised but making the right choices now can have a big impact on the size of your retirement pot and future income potential.
You may need help to think through:
- The age you may want to retire at
- Working out how much income you might need to live a comfortable life or the life you want in retirement
- Understanding the amount of savings required to create the income you want or need
- Building confidence in the steps you need to take to make sure your money will not run out before you die
- Reviewing existing retirement plans and identifying any savings gaps
- Understanding the different options open to you regarding your retirement
- Maximising your savings and taking full advantage of your own tax allowances
- Protecting or de-risking the investments you have built up
As this conversation is going to underpin your financial future it is important you feel comfortable disclosing all financial information to your adviser and work with them to help bring clarity to your financial goals. After all it is your financial life they will be talking about. We use a number of different tools to guide you on this journey including a cash flow planner that lets you see the impact on your future income of the savings you make and the investment risk you take. Seeing what your financial future may look like helps you focus on the actions to take now. Planning early has a very positive impact on your retirement income.
We look forward to helping you get serious about your retirement plan and can be contacted on 01785 715 567.